- Everyone in Indiana is mandated by law to report child abuse.
- The most effective call to make when reporting child abuse is directly to the Department of Child Services (DCS) hotline, since calls to 9-1-1 or visits to a medical center will be followed by a call to DCS. DCS will always be involved in the investigation of child abuse.
- DCS or Law Enforcement sets up an interview with a child by making an appointment with Holly's House staff. Families or victims cannot set up an interview themselves. A report must be made before Holly's House is involved.
- Holly's House has no deciding role in the investigation, nor can Holly's House provide any information about an investigation. Victims and families seeking additional information on the case need to contact their DCS caseworker or the detective assigned to the
- Gather helpful tips from our partner Albion Fellows Bacon Center when considering one's reporting options.